TRIGENICS® IN REHABILITATION
Trigenics® also has remarkably beneficial applications in the Rehabilitation field. Unlike other manual therapies, special applications of Trigenics® can be applied during the immediate acute post-injury stage. Laidlaw Corporation, which runs 250 rehabilitation clinics in the USA, recently investigated Trigenics® as a method of decreasing their $50 million per year disability claims. The Los Angeles Chiropractic College and COHM, Inc., jointly did the evaluation study. It was spearheaded by Dr. Casey Terribillini, DC, FAFICC and chief medical director of the Laidlaw clinics (US) along with a panel of peer experts from LACC. In Dr. Terribillini's outcome report he suggested that he, himself, would like to learn Trigenics®.
"This will give us, myself and 4 local Chiropractors, the tools to begin using the technique in our practices." He also stated that he would like to have Trigenics® taught as an introduction course at his occupational health management and rehabilitation training courses throughout the USA.
Other comments made in Dr. Terribillini's study include observations such as "Patient 6 after 5 month bout of pain that was not relieved with medications or manipulation by an outside chiropractor and following Dr. Oolo-Austin's (Trigenics®) care, he was (literally) dancing with his wife in the waiting room, stating "he had not felt this good in several years." Finally he states, "Trigenics® clearly offers a nice addition to the treating doctor's tool bag."
THE FOLLOWING ARE EIGHT PREDOMINANT TRIGENICS® TREATMENT OUTCOMES FOR THE REHABILITATION PATIENT:
1. Restoration of sensorimotor control and function: This is the most important outcome as all other outcomes are secondary. Correction of dysafferentation and restoration of neural control and proprioceptive reflex activity is critical to full recovery. (see more on this in the Institute section for doctors and therapists
2. Restoration of optimal resting muscle tone: Trigenics® appears to normalize inappropriate proprioceptive activity thus resetting the muscles gamma bias gain to a more optimal resting length-tension relationship (tone). This results in an immediate post-treatment lengthening and strengthening of the contracted and weakened muscle.
3. Restoration of intra-articular mobility and joint biomechanics: When the muscles that traverse joints become hypertonic or shortened, the result is joint hypomobility (i.e. joint stiffness). Trigenics® frees the contracted muscles with consequent relaxation of the associated fascial tissues. This loosens musculotendinous restriction and the tension around the joint, which precipitates restoration of proper biomechanical movement.
4. Restoration of unimpeded tissue movement: Clinically Trigenics® reduces the myofascial and neurofascial restrictions associated with trauma, inflammation, and adhesive pathophysiology. The very noticeable Trigenics® "neuromyol reduction" response (NMR) may often be palpated when this occurs during treatment (This feels somewhat similar to popping the bubble of an air-filled bubble protective packing sheet.)
5. Inflammation reduction: As the musculature is relaxed and neuromyofascial glide enhanced, pressure is relieved on the tissues' intimate structures such as blood and lymph vessels. The resultant increase in circulation, reflex acceleration of lymphatic drainage and accelerated removal of insulting waste products aids in reducing the inflammation and promotes faster healing of damaged tissue. Improved lymphatic drainage also assists in the re-absorption of tissue fluids, thus further reducing the swelling associated with inflammation. (See Effects and Benefits)
6. Decreased pain: Patients often have pain, which may be associated with muscle guarding, fascial tension, adhesive pathophysiology, neural irritation and restriction of joint movement.
very rapidly reduces muscle spasm and restores proper pain-free
movement and tissue flexibility. The patient may have some
remaining discomfort because of residual inflammation, but the
level of pain is almost always significantly and dramatically
reduced immediately following treatment.
Restoration of optimum neural function:
Alleviation of symptoms in patients suffering from nerve
compression neuropathy is a common post treatment observation.
Improved neural glide via effective Trigenics® reduction of
adhesive nerve fixations (a.k.a. "neurodesis") is
thought to be the reason for significant, near-spontaneous
improvement of function and abating of pain.
8. Increased strength: By neutralizing aberrant proprioceptive impulses and restoring optimal neural function within muscle tissue, Trigenics® treatment will optimize muscle tone and hydraulics of the involved muscles. It is hypothesized that Trigenics® optimizes the biomechanical efficiency of muscle and improves the reaction time responsiveness. (See Effects and Benefits)